You are invited to become a member of the ICDC Surrey.
The ICDC is jointly operated by the clinical staff of Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals, patients who have had an ICD implant & members of the patient’s family. Each of these three groups all have a very important role to play in organising the support needed & to identify the problems that may occur & how best to overcome them.
ICDC’s MAIN AIMS are:-
- To provide an automatic membership & a forum for all people with ICDs, their family, partners & friends to discuss with others their concerns & problems.
- To assist people with ICDs regain their confidence & well-being if/when experiencing problems or during difficult times.
- To provide literature from relevant organisations on all topics which are related to ICD patients.
- To have the opportunity to meet or contact other people who have had similar experiences & gain support from their knowledge.
- To provide current information about driving, insurance, holidays & any other areas where people with ICDs may experience problems.
- To provide up to date information, latest technology & improvements from the suppliers of ICDs.
- We are affiliated to & work with the British Heart Foundation.
Please join us & help to create a more knowledgeable & congenial way of life for all ICD patients.
Stay connected. Follow us on Twitter @ICD_Club.
Or catch up with our blog and other heart disease chat at talkhealthblog.